Saturday, June 27, 2009

First Week

This first week has been great, except that my phone got wet and wont turn on now. Working at the lab is awesome, I love it. Its taken me a week to learn how to do things, like isolating RNA from tissue samples, running a PCR (polymerase chain reaction) and casting a gel and running the samples on the gel. My favorite part is isolating RNA from tissue samples. I get to use liquid nitrogen (AWESOME) to zap freeze the samples. Yesterday I got my MGH ID card activated finally, which lets me up the elevator and into the lab. Which is helpful, this way I don't have to ask someone to let me in. I will be going to my first lab meeting on monday and will try to post on how it goes. The weather is finally nicer now, after it rained for 5 days straight. I still want to try to do two posts a week but again we'll see how that goes. Go Red Sox! More secret messages: I can't wait to see transformers 2, not very secret after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment